Wednesday, June 6, 2012

A little bit of that...

Ever had a piece of clothing that you really like (the color, the cut, even the way it fits) but it just doesn't cover enough?!  

I was having that same trouble with this dress.

 
 Much too low.  

That and the fact that the skirt didn't make it halfway to my knees in back, but was several inches longer in the front.  And no, it's not a maternity dress.  It's actually one I got on clearance somewhere for about $4.  Probably because of the hem.

But if I evened the hem all the way around it would be scandalously short, and I couldn't really wear it anyway without a tank underneath because of the low cut top.  So, I just never wore it.
Until I finally decided to do something about it.  Just in time for it not to fit because of my new belly!




 The best part is - I like it even better than before!

 How I did it:
I started with a length of coordinating green cotton.  First I cut around the hem to even it out, then added a ruffle to bring the length down a little more.  I left the front panel a little longer and used a shorter ruffle, just for fun.
 

With the leftover green I made another thing ruffle at the neckline, covering up all that cleavage and tying the dress together all at once.
Now, why didn't I do this sooner?

No comments:

Post a Comment