Wednesday, June 27, 2012

House renovations: Final part

Probably my favorite part of the renovation project was the landscaping.  Gardening is one of my passions - I got my BSc in Horticulture.
Our new house needed a bit of cleaning up outside. It's been a slow job, done little bit by little bit.  We spent one whole summer digging up the entire yard so Steve could put in a drainage system and run power out to the shed.  We spent another summer putting in the stone patio and walkway (we collected almost all of the rocks free from roadsides and excavation sites).  90% of my plants have been free starts from family and friends, and sometimes I think I rearrange them more often then the furniture in my living room!

But I'll just let the pictures tell the story...

before



before
after
before
before




after
after



after

after

after
after






before

after



before
after
after

The side and garden
before
after
before - weeds, brush, and trash

after - the vegetable garden

a favorite fall activity - bonfires


Views from the front porch
before
after


before
before
after


after






The shed
before
after
the creek
before - collapsing old bridge
after - new bridge




before - lots of old fencing, poison ivy, weeds, and trash

blueberries and strawberries

after - a great place for the kids to play

No comments:

Post a Comment