Thursday, July 12, 2012

memories...

It's finally a little cooler here, and the weeds in the garden are atrocious!  However,  I guess I've been on my feet a bit too much today, and Baby decided I need to put my feet up for a bit.  As much as I hate "wasting" afternoon nap time lying down, it's just about the only way I'm making it through this week, with Steve working so late every night!

So, instead of something productive, I've been enjoying looking back over my last couple months of toddler-isms, and laughing over the funny things they say.

Want to join me?


sisters

 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: "Hi Sweetie! You're in a good mood, did you have a good nap?"
Ailidh: "Yes, I woke up at my bed at my side!" (on the right side of the bed?) 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A serious conversation with James about hitting his sister....
Me: "Why did you do that to her James? Does it make you feel good to hear her cry?"
James, very honestly: "It makes me feel a tiny little bit happy and a little bit sad."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

being reindeer (yes, they tied themselves to the wagon)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ailidh, throwing her arms around the dog: "Wooster!  My only one!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James: "When I grow up, I'm afraid I might have Lydia for a wife."
Me: "Why do you think you might have Lydia for a wife?"
James: "Because I just like to BE with her, so that's why I'm afraid I might have her for a wife, but I like Lydia, so if I did I wouldn't mind."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

trouble

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ailidh: "Where is my Bessie?"
Me: "I don't know. Maybe she went to the market?"
Ailidh: "I think she didn't. She don't have feets Momma!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James, sobbing: "I'm having a hard day! I just want something to be perfect, but nothing can be perfect!"
A frustrated perfectionist already?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I always knew Ailidh was her Daddy's girl --
James: "All babies come from their mommies bellies, Ailidh. Joy came from Mommy's belly."
Ailidh: "I comed from Daddy's belly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

James: "We're playing that I'm a wicked boy and Ailidh's a wicked girl; that means she's my wicked wife!"
Me: "What does wicked mean?"
James: "Um.... I don't know."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

taking the family for a walk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I was playing with Horatio as James was climbing into bed -
James: "Hey, that's MY lovey!"
Me, sadly: "But where's my lovey?"
James: "DADDY is YOUR lovey!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the supermarket this week, I called James, who was wandering a bit. As he came running up, Ailidh yelled from the cart: "What good obedience!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When you attempt to use 2-year-old logic...
Ailidh: "I need Bessie! Where's Bessie!"
Me: "I don't know. We're in a rush - Bessie can stay here today, you can get her when we get home."
Ailidh: "I need Bessie!"
Me: "Bessie has to stay here. She's tired. She needs a nap."
Ailidh: "Why she need a nap Momma?"
Me: "She's so tired."
Ailidh: "Why she so tired Momma?"
Me: "She was up all night... coughing."
Ailidh (with a look of scorn): "She can't cough Momma, her mouff don't open!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 sunshine girl
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was listening in on a conversation between James and his friend yesterday...

James: "God is the only one who can hang in the sky."
A: "And people that die. They hang in the sky too."
James: "No, when people die they bury them."
A: "Well, on the first day Jesus goes to church, and after church is over he goes out to where they bury people and he unburies them!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J: "Daddy and I have blue cups because we're both boys!"
Daddy: "And Mommy has a white cup because she's an angel."
J, a little skeptically: "Yes, but she's also called a girl."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J: "Mommy, come look, I caught a chicken all by myself!"
Me: "Oh? Where is she now?"
J: "I put her in the kitty carrier!"
Me, getting a little worried: "Then what did you do?"
J: "I pulled her in my wagon and pushed her on the swing. She loved it."
Hmmm. I don't expect we'll be getting any eggs from that lady for a few days...

 
who needs a parakeet?

1 comment:

  1. LOVED reading all the toddler-isms! Made my afternoon! :D

    ReplyDelete