Saturday, September 29, 2012

Make It Last

Today's "Sewing School" topic is Modesty.  Most of us probably have a shirt or dress that we like, but aren't quite comfortable wearing because it is a little too low, or a little too short, etc.  Here are a few things you can do about it...

Length
We've talked about this one before - you can simply add length to anything either by letting out the hem or with a contrasting panel or ruffle.  For example, this dress
was much too short, but gained new life with a 5" ruffle.

Bust
This can sometimes be a difficult area, especially if you are nursing!  It sometimes seems to be that I am suddenly overflowing all my tops!  If you're like me, you just wear a tank top under everything, but sometimes that's a pain.  So here are a few ideas...

Add a ruffle (you probably know by now how much I love ruffles!)
like I did with this dress
 and this swimsuit


add a panel
gathered like this dress
 or just flat, like this





Anyway, that's all I have for tonight.  Tomorrow I'll show you some ways to add straps to a strapless dress.  Think beyond spaghetti straps!

No comments:

Post a Comment