Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Halloween Costumes

I don't know how you feel about Halloween and trick-or-treating, but you have to admit that it's a lot of fun to dress up!  And when you have a family of 5 (7 if you count the dogs!) there's even more options.  We have had a lot of fun the last couple of years with our costumes.  Two years ago JL was a cowboy and our dog Piper was his "cow pony", complete with saddle and bridle.  A (at 2 months old!) was a pea pod, which didn't fit in the theme, but was the best I could do. (Sorry about the terrible photos, I forgot all about pictures until it was almost dark.  And raining.)

  Last year I wanted to do "Wizard of Oz".  I had a vague idea of what I wanted, but during the final part of my pregnancy (the last 5 months!) was too sick to care about anything other than basic necessities of life.  A couple of days after J was born I decided I did want to do something after all.  Which gave me 2 days to pull it together.  Fortunately my mother was staying with us, and I was able to explain what I wanted and she did a lot of it.  I made Dorothy's dress, but my midwife came by for my follow-up visit just as I was finishing, gave me a scolding, and sent me back to bed.  Where I finished Scarecrow's pants by hand, and cut out Lion's tail.
Here is what we came up with:

JL is our Scarecrow
A our Dorothy
 
and J, at 5 days old, was the littlest Lion ever. 
 
Wooster joined in the fun as Toto,
and Steve was a good natured Tin Man.  

So the questions is now:
What do we do this year?

I'd like to start something a little bit earlier this year, especially since I won't have Mom, but I'm drawing a blank on ideas!  Does anyone have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment