Thursday, September 15, 2011

Craft space!

Steve's been out of town since Sunday, and we have hardly had time to be sad!  This has been a crazy week, and on top of everything else, I thought I'd do some reorganizing while he was gone.  On top of that, J is working on her first tooth and has been up a LOT at night.  Last night she slept from midnight to 4am.
      But this afternoon when we got home from Classical Conversations we were pretty much done for the week!  We had a fairly relaxing afternoon -- the girls took long naps while I made dinner for some friends who just had a baby, and JL finger painted.  After dropping off the dinner we came home and ate our own, and then as a "special treat" I got them settled in to watch Baby Einstein while I did some crafting.  (I know, special treat for whom, me or them?!)














     The big thing on my re-organization radar this week was a space for sewing.  I have been working at the kitchen table, but with J joining us for meals now, that means getting my machine and everything else out each time I want to do something, and putting it all away again each time the kids want to eat.  Which they seem to do entirely more than is convenient. 
     So, I moved things around and carved out my own little "crafting corner" in the kitchen.  Tonight was the first time I actually have used it!


 Everything I could need, right at arm's reach! 

 All this space, kids content, nothing we have to do tomorrow....

 Coffee brewing...

  What a perfect night!
Of course, once they realized that I was doing something other than dishes in the kitchen, they all decided that I needed some "help".
 Here's what things looked like when I came back from popping the last one in bed, after my "helpers" had blessed me with their attentions.  You can't see the web of elastic JL has tied around his dog, his bed, and one leg.

Anyway, we had a wonderful evening here, and I got to work on a cute little project that I can't wait to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment