Saturday, February 25, 2012

Since we're on the subject of hats...

The crazy weather here has gone from 8 inches of snow to 60 something and sunny.

Which reminds me that summer is coming and Joy needs something to keep the sun out of her little eyes.   These simple bonnets ought to do just the trick!



This week I pulled these little sunbonnets out of my project pile.  I had cut the material for several last summer, in a fit of "reducing my fabric stash" fever, and somehow never got around to finishing them before the weather turned cold.  I don't know why, it only took me about an hour to make 2.

 Fortunately for me, Joy is still so small that they fit just fine!

 


 

 


I used a pattern for this - Simplicity 3840, view F.  The pattern was extremely easy, and I love the simple, clean lines.  I also love the little "ventillation holes" at the corners.  This way I can keep the sun off her delicate skin and she can still get a little air through to help keep her cool!

I see these becoming a favorite baby gift in the future...

I think the part that took the longest was just deciding what color ribbon to use!


No comments:

Post a Comment