Tuesday, January 17, 2012

For the guys

I really wanted to make something, but men are so much harder for me to come up with something for!

So I made these silhouettes using their wedding photos.

 Steve's sister

 Steve's other sister, and new brother-in-law (remember the wedding this summer?)

 My brother and sister-in-law, along with our sweet little niece!




I saw some silhouettes at a craft fair, and loved them.  The man making them was amazing - he just looked at a person, started cutting a blank piece of paper, and seconds later had an amazing likeness!  I am nowhere near that talented, but by finding a photo in profile, laying in on top of a black paper, and cutting around the profile, I was able to come up with a fairly recognizable likeness.

I want to make some of my babies now!  That's the trouble with giving gifts you like -- you can't keep them for yourself, and by the time you are done, you want to move on to the next project, not repeat the one you finished....

No comments:

Post a Comment