Saturday, January 14, 2012

blue and white


 Here's the scarf and purse that I made for my sister.  I think this scarf was my favorite - I love the blue.  Actually, I want one for myself! 



The lightweight scarf is a blue cotton knit, with a ruffle all the way around the edge.  I overcasted the edge in white, to add little contrast, although being knit, it didn't really need anything.





My sister is a vet tech, and I wanted something for her that was a little more casual, but still pretty and feminine.  The purse I made out of  more of Steve's old blue jeans!  The lining is a white flocked muslin from my scrap drawer, and the flowers on the outside are white duck cloth.  I attached them with bar pins so they could be removed for washing.  I love the ribbon gathered edges at the top.


No comments:

Post a Comment