Thursday, January 5, 2012

Not aprons this time...

This year I had so much fun making Christmas gifts.  I followed the same theme, but each one was very different, which appealed to the design side of me!  I've been anxious to share pictures, but, in order not to spoil any surprises, I've had to wait.

So, finally, here they are!

This is the scarf and purse I made for Steve's sister.  






 


The cotton knit scarf was made by cutting dozens and dozens of flower shapes, layering them and gathering the middles slightly, and then attaching them to a long strip of the same fabric.  I added the "bling" last.




The purse was made from scraps of dupioni silk with a polyester lining and magnetic snap. The heat-gathered chiffon flower is on a bar pin so it can be detached and worn separately. 


 

Tomorrow I'll have the set I made for another sister...

No comments:

Post a Comment