Monday, December 5, 2011

It's a wrap

I have been sewing like crazy the last couple weeks, and would love to share some of what I've been working on.  Sadly, they're all Christmas presents and I'm going to have to try to keep the secret for 3 more weeks!
However, there are a few things that I can share now.
Here are the little hair bows that my sister and I made for our little niece's 1st birthday.



We had so much fun making these after the kids were safely in bed one chilly evening a few weeks ago.  We just spread ribbons and beads and scraps all over the kitchen, made ourselves some hot tea, turned on the music, and went at it!



I love the way they turned out!




 This one's my favorite!





 Have to have a Clemson tiger paw!
Isn't this the cutest Christmas poinsettia?

I made a couple headbands out of super soft fold-over-elastic (pink, white, and brown ones!) and attached snaps.    All the bows have the other side of the snap on them, so they can be attached to any of the bands!  Sure saved a lot of time making dozens of headbands!  We also made a couple little clips with snaps, so that when she gets a little more hair, she can still wear all her adorable bows!
 






 Note:  Gluing a piece of non-stick shelf liner to the inside of the clip really helps to keep it in place in that baby-fine hair!




 Here are a few more photos, modeled by Ailidh and Joy, since I haven't seen little M since her birthday!


HAPPY BIRTHDAY M.!

No comments:

Post a Comment