Thursday, December 8, 2011

Flour everywhere...

That's what happens when you try to make Christmas cookies with 2 small helpers and a little crawler on the floor!
The kids and I had a wonderful time today making a mess of the kitchen, and about 12 dozen Christmas cookies!  At least, the kids had a wonderful time.
Ever have that feeling, "I love my kids, I just wish they would go away!" ?  

Well, about 3 o'clock, after the cookie baking and kitchen piled with dirty dishes, that's how I was feeling.  Coming down with a bug, and being up all night with 2 sick children, I was also hurting for a little nap.  I thought I'd try to catch 20 minutes while the baby was sleeping, so I left the dishes in the sink, asked the other two to play quietly for a bit, and "let Mommy rest".  Well, about 5 minutes later I heard the door open, and two pairs of little feet come "quietly" in.  Then I felt a little kiss on my head and heard James' whisper,

                    "Here, Ailidh, I'll lift you up so you can give her a little kiss too."

I felt another little kiss (on my shoulder this time).  Then they both went back out again and I heard the door close.


Isn't it amazing how a little thing like that can be better than a dozen 20 minute naps?

No comments:

Post a Comment