Wednesday, November 2, 2011

First Birthday!


 Last week was Joy's 1st birthday!  I wanted to share some photos of the finished nursery, but first I have to share these birthday cake pics!


 What could be more fitting for an October birthday than a giant pumpkin cake?  (I am NOT a professional cake decorator by any stretch of the imagination.  Somehow that is one of my mother's talents that I never inherited.  Remind me sometime to share photos of the gorilla cake that Grandma made on James' last birthday.)

Joy, however, was impressed

And thoroughly enjoyed it!


Moving on to the nursery....
I was able to repaint this weekend while Steve's mom was here to entertain kiddos.  I found a king size brown sheet set on clearance for $18, which I used for new sheets for both cribs, as well as slipcovers for the rockers.  I would've spent that on 1 crib sheet!  I love the new colors in there - it looks so soft.
So, here are the photos.  Tell me what you think!

 
             the antique switch plates my Grandfather gave us
                                                          
the little doll I made when I was a child

the fall view out the window


Ailidh's bed

 

 her name
 

and her mobile





 Joy's bed, and her name
 

 and her mobile
 "new" brown rockers


 Joy's quilt, finally finished!


Right, so that's what it looked like yesterday.  Here's what it looked like today after naptime (during which Ailidh was obviously not "napping" at all!)



 Yes, that's baby powder.  
                         Everywhere.
     See all the little footprints in it?  What you can't see is how she took all the books off the top shelf of the bookcase, dumped them ALL in her sister's crib, then climbed up in there and gotten herself stuck.  Oh well, at least it smelled nice.



 Happy Birthday Joy!
















No comments:

Post a Comment