Friday, October 5, 2012

costume time

I am so proud of myself this year - here it is only the beginning of October, and I've already started on Halloween costumes!  Most years I wait until the day or two before. 
I really love doing it - I love the challenge of coming up with something creative, spending as little as possible by using all (or mostly all) materials I already have, and the adrenaline rush of a deadline! My least favorite part is working with small, wiggly models as I try to design a new pattern.  But I find that hints of a party and candy to come, works wonders...

Here's some pics from previous years...

A Cowboy and His Cow Pony Dog


Wizard of Oz


don't forget Toto!

Little Red Riding Hood



We tossed around a lot of ideas (this is the first year James has been old enough to really have some opinions; that made it a lot more interesting...) and I was all in favor of something really simple, but James had his heart set on this one, so that's what we're going with.

If I show you a few photos of what I've finished, do you think you can guess what our theme is?


Any guesses?

No comments:

Post a Comment