Tuesday, January 8, 2013

more scraps

Another thing on my list this Christmas was a gift for my little nephew.  I have to mail it, so I decided to make a little pencil case he could take to school.  So I pulled out my handy scrap drawer again, and here's what I came up with (inspired by this) --

I'll eat you up!
 I made the "head" from some scrap painter's canvas that I had (by the way - it's the best stuff to make slip covers with - tough and durable, washable, and CHEAP) and added ribbon "hair", a red 7" zipper "mouth" and felt features.  I just glued the felt down, so it didn't take more than 1/2 an hour, start to finish.

Of course, that is just a rough estimate, since nothing ever actually gets done, start to finish, in one sitting around hereMore like start, change a diaper, work another minute, settle a dispute, work another minute, chase the dog and take back the baby shoe he is chewing on, work another minute, get somebody a drink of water, work another minute....  You get the idea.

Then I stuffed in with color pencils, and mailed it off!

And it was a great way to use up little tiny ribbon pieces!

No comments:

Post a Comment