Friday, August 24, 2012

Fun Fact #3

 I hate ticks.
When it comes to creepy-crawleys, I'm not really a "girly" sort of girl.  Worms I regard with a sort of friendly interest, although I will stick one on a hook if required.  I find fireflies fascinating.  Spiders and ants I can take or leave, but mostly I "leave", as long as they "leave" me.  And any other little critters than cross my path I can either pass by with calm disinterest, or deal with with a minimum of fuss.
But....

I

HATE

TICKS

In fact, the first summer Little Man was old enough to crawl around in the grass outside I was doing some frantic research on whether or not I could treat him with Frontline so he wouldn't get bitten, because I had serious doubts about my abilities to deal with that kind of emergency situation -- And serious doubts about what Steve would say to an ambulance bill for a tick on the baby.

It's probably the only thing that seriously has me considering a move to Alaska at times.

( Don't worry - my research was pretty conclusive, and I have never used any kind of pet medication on any of my children.)


No comments:

Post a Comment